This simple and delicious beet tartare is a vegetarian version of a traditional meat or fish tartare. Made with baked beets
, it is high in potassium and vitamin C, vital elements for a balanced, nourishing vegetarian diet.
Beet Tartare Recipe
Use red or golden beets for a variety of color and flavor. You can even make one batch with red and the other with yellow beets for a beautiful presentation.
Preparation time: 30 min | Cooking beets: 1 to 1 ½ hours
Makes 6 servings
| || What you need: |
- 4 small beets, scrubbed and trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced tarragon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place the beets on a baking sheet and toss with a teaspoon of olive oil. Roast until tender, 1 to 1 ½ hours. Take out of the oven and let cool completely. Peel and dice finely.
- Combine the shallots, 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Stir in the chopped beets. Serve on toasted bread, endive leaves, or crackers.
More beet recipes? Try these recommendations:
Pickled Beet Salads with Egg Dressing
Grated Sauteed 10-minute Beets
Vegetarian Beetroot Stew
Top of page
Return from Beet Tartare to Vegetarian Beet Recipes
Back to Healthy Beets Home