Baked or Roasted Beets
Baked or roasted beets are convenient to make when the stove-top is crowded. Roasting beets will fill your kitchen with the sweet and earthy beet flavor.
Serve baked beets simply, hot or at room temperature. This dish is great in winter - it lets you use up your “old” winter beets.
What you’ll need:
- 1 pound of beets, stems trimmed to 1 inch
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, or olive, or walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley, chives, or dill
- Fresh lemon or lime juice to taste
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Place the beets in an 8-inch square baking pan or a round oven-proof dish
- Add water. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and bake until the beets are easily pierced with a thin skewer or knife tip, about 45 minutes for small beets, 1 hour for medium, and 1¼ hours for large beets
- Slip off the skins, and leave the beets whole or slice into round or wedges. Season with salt and black pepper, or paprika to taste. Toss with butter or oil, minced parsley, and lemon juice
Click here to learn more ways to roast beets
Return from Roasted Beets Recipe to Cooking Beets page
Back to Healthy Beets Home
Enjoy this page? Link to Healthy Beets. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.