Creamy Beet Salad Recipe
Try this simple beet salad recipe when you serve beets as a starter. Its unusual texture and piquant taste makes it a welcome alternative to crisp green salads or slaws.
Beet Salad with Creamy Horseradish Dressing
Prep time: 15 minutes (plus time to cook beets)
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 4 medium (about 1½ pounds) red beets, cooked, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- ½ recipe Creamy Horseradish Dressing
- Snipped dill for garnish
Cut beets into ¾-inch cubes and place in a medium bowl. Pour dressing over the warm beets and toss to coat evenly. Garnish with dill.
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon drained prepared horseradish
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Whisk together in a small bowl salt and vinegar
- Gradually add oils until well blended
- Stir in cream and horseradish
- Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary
More beet recipes? Try these recommendations:
Beet and Endive Appetizer | Sauerkraut with Beets
Healthy Beet Salad Recipes
Back to Healthy Beets Home
Enjoy this page? Link to Healthy Beets. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.