As most of raw foods, this salad is a good source of fiber and healthful nutrients, but you will be surprised how amazing it looks on a plate! And how sophisticated and comforting the combination of marinated raw fennel, parsnip, beet and cranberry makes this dish taste. Truly, a work of art!
Raw Beets Salad with Raw Honey dressing
2 to 4 servings
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 3 whole cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons Nama Shoyu soy sauce (or, your choice of raw organic soy sauce)
- 3 heaping tablespoons raw honey (or more if desired)
- 1 ½ cups cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 beet, thinly sliced into coin shapes
- 1 cup parsnip, thinly sliced into coin shapes
- 1 bulb fennel, very thinly sliced on the mandolin and then julienned
- ¼ cup dressing
- ¼ pound baby romaine lettuce
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
What to do:
- Make the dressing first. This gold-colored healthy concoction can be prepared in advance and will last over a week in the fridge. Try it as a dressing for your other raw salad recipes, too.
Place all of the ingredients except the oil in blender. Begin blending at normal speed. As the mixture is blending, slowly add the oil until it’s completely blended. Makes 4 cups of dressing.
- Place the fennel, parsnip, and beet in separate bowls (the beet will color all ingredients pink if marinating in the same dish) and leave them to marinate in the dressing for about 1 hour. Divide the lettuce between plates. Then arrange the marinated vegetables on top of the lettuce.
- Add a handful of cranberries, sprinkle with fresh pepper and enjoy the patchwork!
Click here for more recipes of Raw Foods
Top of pageReturn to Healthy Beets Home